Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Magical Theatre Moment


I have experienced it. I thought I had my first magical theatre moment when I was younger, but no. I had it tonight!


I was standing on a chair in the back of the sancutary in my church. I was staring at our platform where the minister stands and the choir loft. My friend Sam from my school was singing one of the songs from the show that I am directing called "Once Upon A Parable". He was singing a song called "Parable of the Vineyard". I gave him my solo when I found out I had to be the prodigal. That was the best decision of my life. So, he was singing and and the rest of the cast was silent and began singing after his solo was done and it was just a boom of voices. I was halfway in tears. It was so wonderful. It feels so great standing in front of everyone and them smiling at me and all of us knowing that this show is for the glory of God and not for ourselves. If anyone comes to see this perform and doesn't get even slightly moved, well.... then we must not have given out the message fully. But, ya, it's absolutely wonderful. God has given me so many challenges in this production and it has humbled me so much. Thank you to everyone that has been keeping up to date with me and praying for me. =)

Love.

2 comments:

NattaScatta said...

was this sam, as in sam stucky? that's awesome that you had that experience... you know now what it was like for me all those many times! it's an amazing gift.

every good gift comes for the Lord above!

Mrs. Boelcke said...

For an actor, the language of the theatre speaks to the heart. Love, Mrs. Boelcke