Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Ultimate Gift


Let's start off with.... I love my sister. She came home for the weekend and we have been watching the TV Show "Charmed" and last night we watched "The Ultimate Gift". If you are unaware of this movie, it's about a young man that's grandfather died and he is somewhat rebellious and thinks that his grandfather left nothing to him. The grandfather gave him 14 gifts, each represented on the way to manhood. IE) Gift of work - He worked on a farm till he finished making a fence. So, one of the gifts was the gift of friendship where he had to make friends with someone in a month. He falls across this girl at the park and asks her to be his friend. Throughout this movie, they did intend to, but made wonderful friends with each other. He finds out that she has leukemia and she was going to die soon. She later dies and he becomes a man and the grandfather ends up giving him 200 billion dollars.... that's all very well, but there was something about that girl and what they talked about together that got me. I sounded like this....

They are in the hospital chapel. Jason is the man and Emily is the girl who has Leukemia. There is a statue of Jesus with his arms open.

Emily- something like.... "Do you know how scary it is to know you are going to die?"

Jason- Staring at the statue of Jesus. "I don't know too much about God and Jesus but I know those arms are for you."

Lately I've been having some bumps in my journey. IE) I've had to go to the doctors on Tuesday for something that really scared me and my mother. I know I'm too young to have the cancer we thought it could be but we wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. I sat there the whole time looking at my Christian doctors room saying "God, why can't I feel your presence?" I think that I'm asking, if anyone is reading this, if you could pray for me and if you know of any reassuring scripture passages that would be great. I'm praying continuously. Thank you for everything.

On one happy note.... there is a new couple in my church who are in different shows and are professional singers, dancers and actors. Their names are Jason and Summer. We've become friends and they have really been blessing in my life and have been supporting me in the church with singing and directing my show. Jason has today, said that if he doesn't get this job or if he does, he is going to try to be Judas in the show that I'm directing. It means so much to me. Summer is an absolute joy to be around and she wants to go into Public relations and is thinking about getting a job at the American Cancer Society. She has a heart of gold. I'm so lucky to know them. =)

1 comment:

The Happy Nomads said...

I'll be praying for you Lyssa. One day when I was feeling discouraged, I looked up Encouragement in the back of my Bible, and this is my favortie encouragement verse I found: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than you ask or imagine, according to his power which is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Always remember, God is right there by your side! He will never leave you nor forsake you. Everything will turn out okay. :)